Riviera Nayarit: Boutique-Hopping Haven on Mexico’s Pacific Coast
With the recent opening of boutique properties Sayulinda Hotel and Xiobella Luxury Boutique Hotel, Mexico’s Pacific treasure is the ideal option for travelers looking for intimate trips in the “new normal”
RIVIERA NAYARIT, NAYARIT, MÉXICO (March 1, 2021) – Riviera Nayarit in Mexico’s Pacific coast, is home to more than a dozen boutique properties that highlight the region’s eclectic charm and authentic appeal, including newly opened Sayulinda Hotel located in hippie-chic town Sayulita and Xiobella Luxury Boutique Hotel in celebrity haven Punta de Mita. Travelers seeking isolated getaways surrounded by beautiful landscapes and multiple experiences that allow for social distancing, should consider boutique-hopping in Mexico’s Pacific treasure for their next trip.
Below is a list of must-visit boutique hotels in Riviera Nayarit:
- Sayulinda Hotel – Debuted in early 2021, Sayulinda is a charming 51-room hotel located in the heart of Sayulita. Boasting minimalist Mexican design, the property offers four room categories each with marble bathroom and Tea Tree amenities, with the most exclusive option being the Suite del Patrón featuring impressive ocean views. Amenities include the CYA roof garden bar, Cesaro Restaurant featuring a fusion of international cuisine, an infinity pool and access to nearby Coco’s Beach Club. Additional services for a surcharge include pet friendly rooms, golf cart rentals, laundry service, and access to the gym.
- Xiobella Luxury Boutique Hotel – Opened in November 2020, Xiobella is an all-inclusive and adults only boutique property situated in the luxurious beach town of Punta de Mita. The property features panoramic views of the Banderas Bay and the beautiful azure waters and white sand of Careyeros beach. Its design is reflective and respective of the local Huichol community, and each room boasts its own private garden paired with luxurious service and amenities. Xiobella is also home to Navegante restaurant, featuring a mix of local delicacies and international cuisine, and a not-to-be-missed spa with plenty of treatments that promise a relaxing experience.
- Mar al Cielo – A private oceanfront retreat on 11 acres of beachfront jungle paradise in Lo de Marcos, Riviera Nayarit. Built in harmony with nature, the hotel’s private accommodations feature 1 bed, 1 bath, a semi-covered bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen with a BBQ grill and a private terrace. The boutique property offers specially prepared “Early Bird” breakfasts, mid morning brunches, seaside snacks and sunset dinners in a delicious Traditional Mexican & Mexican Fusion style cuisine made from fresh local ingredients. Additional amenities include a private chef, binoculars, nature guides and spa services.
- Hotel Cielo Rojo – Right in the heart of cobblestoned San Pancho lies the charming Hotel Cielo Rojo. Within walking distance to the beach, the hotel provides stylish and affordable accommodations with simple elegant and pleasant rooms, warm and eclectic decor, exquisite organic cuisine and personalized attention from its lovely staff, including a personal concierge that offers advice on the “like a local” experience. The property’s culinary offering pays tribute to the area’s abundance of fresh seafood and indigenous produce, while its bar features a unique collection of artisanal tequila, wine, and cocktails in its eclectic garden patio.
- Refugio del Mar – Located in the magical beach town of Bucerias, Refugio del Mar is a charming 15-suite property surrounded by cobblestone streets and beautiful beaches. Each colorful suite is labeled with proper Mexican names and features a fully equipped kitchen & BBQ, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a private balcony. Guests here have access to golf cart and bike rentals, complementary beach towels and chairs, two pools, concierge service and major discounts to activities hosted by Dolphin Adventures. Refugio del Mar also boasts two small eateries that offer the best of local cuisine and have plenty of options for all types of diets.
With a bevy of beach towns, experiences and boutique properties strung like pearls along the alluring and tranquil Pacific Coast, it is easy to spend a few days overnighting or day-tripping safely and secluded within several locations in Riviera Nayarit. To make it easier for travelers, air connectivity from the United States and Canada to Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR) flights are at an uptick, with increased routes most recently announced from American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta, Swoop Airlines, WestJet and more.
# # #
About Riviera Nayarit
Renowned for its eclectic charm, luxurious hospitality and authentic appeal, Riviera Nayarit has earned global recognition as the Pacific Coast’s treasure destination. Situated within Mexican state Nayarit, the region offers 192 miles of pristine Pacific coastline, the wondrous Sierra Madre Mountains, the spectacular Banderas Bay and endless protected natural marvels. Riviera Nayarit is home to resort town Nuevo Vallarta, historic village San Blas, exclusive celebrity haven Punta de Mita, “boho-chic” surf mecca Sayulita and a variety of picturesque fishing villages. Activities abound from world-class golf courses, zip lining, diving, and surfing to bird watching, whale watching and turtle release programs. Accommodations range from luxury branded resort destinations and family friendly all-Inclusives to intimate boutique properties and everything in between. Testament to the destination’s safety and sanitation standards, Riviera Nayarit received the Safe Travel Stamp developed by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) for adhering to all hygiene protocols in establishments to protect the health of visitors. A further testament to the destination’s hospitality offerings, Riviera Nayarit boasts four AAA Five Diamond hotels, 12 AAA Four Diamond hotels and 10 AAA Three Diamond hotels. Rounding out the destination’s allure, superior quality international gastronomy awaits including a AAA Five Diamond restaurant, seven AAA Four Diamond restaurants and 21 AAA Three Diamond restaurants. Riviera Nayarit is conveniently 10 minutes north of Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR). To discover the Pacific Coast’s treasure destination, visit www.RivieraNayarit.com or follow Riviera Nayarit on Facebook, Twitter @RivieraNayarit and Instagram @riviera_nayarit.