- Hotel chains in the Riviera Nayarit have established new hygiene measures to guarantee a virus-free environment for their guests.
Riviera Nayarit hotels have gradually begun to open their doors and welcome their first tourists, which is why the destination has implemented its own hygiene measures to guarantee a safe and virus free environment in the post-Covid-19 era that are also in line with the protocols established by the Nayarit State Government.
In addition to following the guidelines instituted by the Federal, State, and Municipal authorities with respect to cleanliness within their facilities, hotel chains that have one or more properties in the destination are going one step further by implementing safety, health, and hygiene programs to safeguard their guests, employees, and providers, something that has allowed them to reopen successfully.
Meanwhile, the Riviera Nayarit Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) has made the Best Practices and Tourist Welfare Guide available to hotels and various tourism companies. This document includes a series of international recommendations with the goal of ensuring safe spaces for people to coexist.
Marc Murphy, managing director of the CVB, said one of the greatest challenges facing the tourism sector is to help tourists gain confidence and feel safe again.
“We want to inspire trust in our tourist by guaranteeing quality and safety. A key element for the future promotion of our destination is to ensure the well-being of locals and tourists alike.”
To create their protocols, the hotel chains followed the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Mexican Authorities in addition to forming alliances with important international organizations such as Johns Hopkins Medicine International (the global division of the prestigious medical care and research institution, Johns Hopkins Medicine), and the consulting firm Preverisk, to mention but a few. Most have created special programs and even work groups and advisory boards with health and safety experts linked to tourism who will be in charge of reviewing the application of the protocols.
Below please find some of the hygiene and safety standards already being employed:
- Measures focused on the sanitation and disinfection of rooms and common areas.
- Technology used to support this protection, as well as new specific protocols for catering and other areas of service.
- Limiting hotel occupancy to 30%.
- Reduced capacity limits for restaurants and bars.
- Gradual implementation of Internet check-in to avoid physical manipulation of documents as much as possible.
- Temperature checks with infrared scanners upon arrival at the hotel.
- Required use of the disinfectant mats.
- Hand-washing and use of hand sanitizer.
- Disinfecting luggage and high-contact points and providing guests with personal protection kits.
- Physical distancing measures, no-contact disinfecting stations, disinfectant mats, frequent hand-washing, and personal protective equipment for staff members.
- Training employees in these protocols is key to ensuring everyone is well-informed and can take action in each of the tasks they handle during their workday.
- Use of identification and isolation protocols to help employees with symptoms of illness.
These are just a few examples taken from the protocols that have been implemented by the Riviera Nayarit hotels; other actions involve suppliers and external contractors, measures that have been updated and adapted to the guidelines issued by the Health and Tourism authorities, as the hotel companies want nothing more than to offer every guarantee that is within their power to ensure visitors have a safe stay.
Visit our webpage: www.RivieraNayarit.com.mx
The Riviera Nayarit Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) and the Bahía de Banderas Hotel and Motel Association (AHMBB) work tirelessly to promote the destination with the support of the Government of the State of Nayarit via its Tourism Promotional Trust (Fiprotur).