- The XXIII International Scientific and Technological Research Conference 2018, derived from the Dolphin Program, took place from August 16-18 in Nuevo Vallarta.
|Riu Jalisco, Riu Pacífico and Riu Vallarta—all located in the Flamingos-Nuevo Vallarta—once again hosted the event.|
|Dr. María del Carmen Vergara Quintero, coordinator of the Dolphin Program in Colombia.|
|Enrique Topete, Groups and Events coordinator, received a recognition for the Riviera Nayarit.|
|The students themselves presented a traditional Colombian dance during the inaugural ceremony.|
- Over 40 thousand Mexican students have benefited in the 23 years since the creation of the Pacific Inter-Institutional Program for the Strengthening of Research and Graduate Programs, known as the Dolphin Program.
- 8,902 student applications from Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica were evaluated this summer.
- 71% (6,320) of applicants stayed both in Mexico (5,840) and abroad (480).
- 290 research centers participated.
- 1,900 researchers offered their advice.
- 10 countries hosted Mexican students for their research visit: Germany, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, South Korea, Costa Rica, Cuba, Spain, the United States, England, Peru, Puerto Rico, and Uruguay.
- 79 Mexican institutions from 21 states sent students to the conference held in Nayarit: Baja California, Baja California Sur, Chiapas, Chihuahua, Ciudad de México, Colima, Estado de México, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Jalisco, Michoacán, Nayarit, Nuevo León, Puebla, Querétaro, Sinaloa, Tabasco, Tamaulipas, Veracruz and Zacatecas.