https://www.rivieranayarit.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/logox300.jpg 0 0 1stonthelist https://www.rivieranayarit.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/logox300.jpg 1stonthelist2014-09-17 06:00:002014-09-17 06:00:00Domestic Travel Agents Train In The Riviera Nayarit
Domestic Travel Agents Train In The Riviera Nayarit
- Thirty-one travel agents from Aguascalientes visited the region to be updated on the destination; Aguascalientes is the third largest provider of tourists to the Riviera Nayarit.
Thirty-one travel agents from Aguascalientes visited the Riviera Nayarit from September 6-8 on a FAM trip sponsored by the CVB in order to get updated on what’s new in the destination.
During their stay they visited Nuevo Vallarta, San Pancho, Sayulita and the Marietas Islands, and were duly charmed by the high quality of service not only at the hotels but also during the tours, as well as the area’s gastronomy and the warmth of the local citizens. Together, these qualities will make it easy for them to sell the Riviera Nayarit to their clients.
It’s of great importance for the CVB to attend to all of the segments that represent a constant and growing stream of tourism towards the region. Aguascalientes is, in fact, one of the most important domestic markets that visit the destination.
According to the Riviera Nayarit CVB Survey, Aguascalientes holds third place among the states of origin for our domestic visitors: at 10% it shares its spot with Mexico City, behind Guanajuato with 14% share and Jalisco, in first place with 34% of the share.
These numbers correspond to the first semester of 2014; they also show Nayarit and Michoacán share fourth place with a 5% share.
Taking into consideration the numbers shown by the Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico (GAP, by its acronym in Spanish) and evaluating the increase of domestic tourists during the first semester, it can be inferred that 70% of domestic tourism to the destination arrives via land and the other 30% via air.
With the inauguration of the new Jala-Bahía de Banderas highway there will be an even better connection with market segment that travels by land and with it an increase in domestic tourism.
Another determining factor in the recovery of domestic tourism to the Riviera Nayarit is flight connectivity, which this year has increased thanks to the new domestic flights into the Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!