Easy flight connections make for kid-friendly summer getaways to an area famed for the natural beauty of its Pacific coastline and fun-filled hotels and activities
RIVIERA NAYARIT, MEXICO (May. 16, 2019) – Riviera Nayarit invites families to come explore the destination’s versatile offering for travelers of all ages this summer. From thrilling outdoor adventures and water activities to accommodating hotel programs, the kid-friendly paradise is ideal for a fun-filled family getaway. Additionally, Riviera Nayarit is easy to get to with daily flight connections to the Mexican pacific coast from most major cities.
Activities: Kids will find plenty to keep them happily occupied in Riviera Nayarit the moment the plane lands. Among the thrills are learning to surf in Punta Mita, enjoying Parque Aquaventuras’ incredible water slides or zip lining through the lush jungle surrounding Riviera Nayarit at Canopy Adventure Park.
- Tranquilo Surf Adventures: There’s nothing like learning to hang ten in the beautiful crystal waters off Punta Mita, one of the Riviera Nayarit region’s most exclusive beaches. Owner Josue Villegas teaches students of all experience levels in a safe, fun and beautiful environment with small group or private lessons.
- Wibit Mex – Bucerias: Though it’s located on the calm waters of Banderas Bay, Wibit Mex is an open water park that is anything but! The floating park features a maze of inflated bounce houses, slides, rope towers, trampolines, bridges, domes, tunnels and much more. Kids will love completing the circuit and jumping into the area’s pristine waters.
- Zip Lining Adventure: The area’s emerald coastline can be explored through adrenaline pumping jungle canopy zip lining. Nearly 200 miles of Pacific Coast rainforests line the Sierra Madre foothills, with Nuevo Vallarta, Punta Mita and Sayulita as the centers of attraction. The area’s mangrove forests and jungle teem with native tropical birds, flora, fauna, and indigenous animals best seen from above.
Hotels: Several family-friendly hotels along the coast offer amenities for kids, such as special programming to keep them entertained, kids’ menus that will appeal to the finickiest of palettes, thrilling outdoor activities, game rooms and babysitting options so parents can have fun on their own, too.
- The Four Seasons: From kid-sized versions of adult amenities, like child-sized bathrobes to a children’s menu and milk and cookies on arrival, the Four Seasons has it all. The Kids for All Seasons program offers hiking, art classes that explore how to make traditional Huichol and Mexican crafts and many activities combining nature exploration and education. Other on-site activities include basketball, smashball, tennis, volleyball, kayaking, tie-dye painting and salsa dancing.
- Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit – Nuevo Vallarta: From mini mariachi classes to sandcastle building, kite making, cooking classes, eco-cycling tours and a Kids’ Club for children ages 4-12, younger travelers will enjoy every minute of their stay at the all-inclusive Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. For parents traveling with infants, a dedicated Baby Concierge can help them find time to unwind with nanny services and also provide items they may have forgotten to pack like bottles, teethers, and pacifiers.
- Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta – Nuevo Vallarta: Tons of fun await kids at the all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta! The family-friendly resort includes the Roxity Kids Club that was designed to keep children ages 4 to 12 active with beach sports, kids yoga, nature walks and poolside activities including water polo and volleyball, and family shows in the outdoor amphitheater.
These are just some of the kid-friendly options this summer season in Riviera Nayarit on Mexico’s Pacific coast. Riviera Nayarit offers easy connections to major U.S. and Canadian cities through Puerto Vallarta´s International Airport, serviced by 250 international and national flights per week.
For more information and a calendar of events, visit www.rivieranayarit.com.
About Riviera Nayarit
Renowned for its eclectic charm, luxurious hospitality and authentic appeal, Riviera Nayarit has earned global recognition as the Pacific Coast’s treasure destination. Situated within Mexican state Nayarit, the region offers 192 miles of pristine Pacific coastline, the wondrous Sierra Madre Mountains, the spectacular Banderas Bay and endless protected natural marvels. Riviera Nayarit is home to resort town Nuevo Vallarta, historic village San Blas, exclusive celebrity haven Punta de Mita, “boho-chic” surf mecca Sayulita and a variety of picturesque fishing villages. Activities abound from world-class golf courses, zip lining, diving and surfing to bird watching, whale watching and turtle release programs. Accommodations range from luxury branded resort destinations and family friendly all-inclusives to intimate boutique properties and everything in between. A further testament to the destination’s hospitality offerings, Riviera Nayarit boasts four AAA Five Diamond hotels, 11 AAA Four Diamond hotels and 13 AAA Three Diamond hotels. Rounding out the destination’s allure, superior quality international gastronomy awaits including a AAA Five Diamond restaurant, six AAA Four Diamond restaurants and 26 AAA Three Diamond restaurants. Riviera Nayarit is just 10 minutes north of Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR).
To discover the Pacific Coast’s treasure destination, visit www.RivieraNayarit.com or follow Riviera Nayarit on Facebook, Twitter @riv_nayarit and Instagram @riviera_nayarit.