Fall into Riviera Nayarit for a Season Full of Festivities
From family-inspired events and celebrations to not-to-be-missed travel deals, Riviera Nayarit proves to be the perfect destination for a fall getaway
RIVIERA NAYARIT, MEXICO (September 13, 2018) – As the crisp days of fall begin to descend in the north, the fun gets started in Riviera Nayarit – Mexico’s Pacific treasure and newest destination. Travelers to the eclectic locale will be welcomed with a vibrant array of events that make it the must-visit destination this fall.
Festivals for Foodies & Families:
· Independence Day Festivities (Sept. 15-16): The celebration for Mexican Independence Day is one of Riviera Nayarit’s most treasured traditions. The festivities begin on the evening of the 15th with the Grito de Independencia, a ceremony that’s replicated in nearly every coastal town plaza, along with fireworks and fairs, and continues on the 16th with a military and sports parade.
· Feast of San Francisco (Sept. 26-Oct. 4): Fairs, dances and jamborees with a special twist are a specialty of Riviera Nayarit’s cultural capital. These festivities honor San Francisco, also known as San Pancho, and are an authentically Mexican tradition.
· Riviera Nayarit Fashion Weekend (Sept. 29-30): Calling all fashionistas! W Punta de Mita Hotel is the place to be with a weekend fashion show and pool party event that mixes music and fashion while showcasing the season’s latest trends.
· 6th La Cruz de Huanacaxtle Fishing Tournament (Oct. 10-14): The marquee tournament in the Mexican Pacific returns to Riviera Nayarit this October – a destination that is renowned for its sport fishing offer. World class sportsmen will make their way to La Cruz De Huanacaxtle’s Marina Riviera Nayarit and try to catch some of the region’s most sought-after fish.
· (Oct. 14-18): Gourmands and foodie novices alike will come together to enjoy various events in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit that celebrate the region’s gastronomic offering. The lineup includes workshops, tasting, dinners and special events.
· (Nov. 1-4): Led by health expert, Deepak Chopra – globally recognized as a pioneer in integrative medicine and personal transformation – the weekend retreat will offer a series of conferences, workshops and activities for travelers seeking to relax and recharge.
· (Nov. 23 - Dec. 2): The 24th edition of this popular festival celebrates Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit and Tepic and the culinary scene that makes each of these destinations so special. Internationally renowned guest chefs will take the helm at local restaurants and hotels serving delicious creations that showcase the region’s gastronomy.
· (Nov 24): Riviera Nayarit is pleased to welcome all runners and their families to participate in a half marathon or 10K in Nuevo Vallarta. The competition is endorsed by the Mexican Federation of Athletic Associations and approved by the International Association of Marathons and Races (AIMS).
· (Nov. 29 - Dec. 2): This tournament, played in a Foursome A GoGo format, seeks to benefit local charities including Peace Punta de Mita, the Punta de Mita Foundation and the Community Project. For those who love to mix travel with tee times, this classic in paradise will be well above par.
· 3rd Commercial and Cultural Wixarika Expo (Nov. 29 - Dec. 2): For the third consecutive year the magical town of Sayulita will host 25 Wixarika groups, who will offer culturally rich workshops highlighting embroidery, beadwork, painting and more. Additionally, the expo’s pavilions will feature themed areas including culinary and medicine pavilions, the first offering a variety of traditional meals from Nayarit and the latter offering interactions with four traditional healers.
Travelers booking last minute fall getaways can count on shoulder season prices from end of August through October. Accommodations range from luxury branded resort destinations and family friendly all-inclusives to intimate boutique properties and everything in between. Riviera Nayarit is conveniently accessible from Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR) offering direct flights from a myriad of markets, putting an exciting fall vacation well within reach for U.S. and Canada travelers.
For more information about Riviera Nayarit’s events lineup, visit .
Click for images.
# # #
About Riviera Nayarit
Renowned for its eclectic charm, luxurious hospitality and authentic appeal, Riviera Nayarit has earned global recognition as the Pacific Coast’s treasure destination. Situated within Mexican state Nayarit, the region offers 192 miles of pristine Pacific coastline, the wondrous Sierra Madre Mountains, the spectacular Banderas Bay and endless protected natural marvels. Riviera Nayarit is home to resort town Nuevo Vallarta, historic village San Blas, exclusive celebrity haven Punta de Mita, “boho-chic” surf mecca Sayulita and a variety of picturesque fishing villages. Activities abound from world-class golf courses, zip lining, diving and surfing to bird watching, whale watching and turtle release programs. Accommodations range from luxury branded resort destinations and family friendly all-inclusives to intimate boutique properties and everything in between. A further testament to the destination’s hospitality offerings, Riviera Nayarit boasts four AAA Five Diamond hotels, 11 AAA Four Diamond hotels and 13 AAA Three Diamond hotels. Rounding out the destination’s allure, superior quality international gastronomy awaits including a AAA Five Diamond restaurant, six AAA Four Diamond restaurants and 26 AAA Three Diamond restaurants. Riviera Nayarit is conveniently 10 minutes north of Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR). To discover the Pacific Coast’s treasure destination, visit www.RivieraNayarit.com or follow Riviera Nayarit on Facebook, Twitter @riv_nayarit and Instagram @riviera_nayarit.