Riviera Nayarit’s Multifaceted Gastronomy Takes Center Stage
This Summer, Mexico’s Pacific Treasure Shines Brighter than ever with Lively Festivals, Chic Events and Singular Gastronomy
RIVIERA NAYARIT, MEXICO (June 27, 2018) – Riviera Nayarit – Mexico’s Pacific treasure and newest destination, less than an hour from Puerto Vallarta, is poised to take center stage this summer with various gastronomic events on the calendar this August and endless culinary hotspots ranging from a AAA Five Diamond award winning restaurant to beachfront taco shacks serving authentic cuisine year round.
Summer is certain to be hotter than ever in Riviera Nayarit with the 6th Annual Punta Mita Beach Festival August 4-5. The family-friendly event celebrates sports, gastronomy and more in the luxury community. Keeping the spotlight directly on Riviera Nayarit, the Masters of the Kitchen Culinary Fest then takes place August 8 – 11. Overseen by Food Network celebrity chef and Sysco Foods Culinary Sales Consultant Penny Davidi, the 2018 edition of the festival is a celebration of the region’s diverse cuisines, providing visitors the opportunity to sample culinary delights at fine restaurants strung along the coast and discover some of the world’s best chefs and mixologists.
“This August is the ideal time to visit Riviera Nayarit for gourmands and ‘epicurious’ novices alike. The Punta Mita Beach Festival and The Masters of the Kitchen Culinary Fest showcase the very best of our local cuisine, unique within each of our various beach towns,” said Marc Murphy, managing director of Riviera Nayarit Convention & Visitors Bureau. “Regardless of the time of year, the region’s diverse cuisine, skilled chefs and award-winning restaurants truly set Riviera Nayarit apart from other destinations. The eclectic allure of Riviera Nayarit comes to life via our gastronomy. Visitors from all walks of life, palates and budgets will find something appealing regardless of which of the many beach towns complete with diverse hotels and exciting restaurants they choose to experience.”
SAYULITA: Visitors come to Sayulita on the southern Riviera Nayarit coast to delight in its boho-chic surfer town atmosphere, reminiscent of California’s Manhattan Beach. The art gallery lined cobblestone streets, horseback riding and other casual activities are just a few reasons why visitors flock here. The town is known for its wonderful informal dining scene, including great beachfront shacks for fish tacos and other culinary treasures waiting to be discovered.
- One of Sayulita’s top choices for dining is El Itacate, a fabulous taqueria, known for its savory and authentic Mexican options, cooked in front of guests. El Itacate’s menu board also has vegan choices to make everyone happy.
- Seafood lovers should head straight to Tierra Viva for fresh fish caught locally, delicious seafood soup, homemade moles and grilled meats. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options abound here as well.
PUNTA DE MITA: The most sophisticated and exclusive of all Riviera Nayarit areas is Punta de Mita, home to the W Hotel and many other luxurious accommodations. Set on a peninsula along the Bahia de Banderas coast and blessed with six miles of virgin Pacific coast beaches, Punta de Mita offers great golfing options in an atmosphere surrounded by green hills and marine nature.
- With an exclusive ambience that appeals to discerning guests, Punta de Mita is home to some of Mexico’s most fabulous restaurants. Among them is Spice Market at the W Hotel, serving world class gastronomy. The restaurant is overseen by Mexican chef Ismael González and takes inspiration from the sensual Southeast Asian street food that French master chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten discovered in his travels. Delicious fusion options combine the best of Mexico and Asia include chicken samosas with cilantro-infused yogurt, halibut cha ca la Vong, and a vinegar-infused pork Vindaloo.
- Punta de Mita is also home to Riviera Nayarit’s only AAA Five Diamond Award dining experience, the Carolina Restaurant at St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, offering modern Mexican cuisine in an enchanting, breezy setting overseen by award-winning chef Jesús Durón.
NUEVO VALLARTA & FLAMINGOS: The place for family beach fun is Nuevo Vallarta & Flamingos, also set on the Bahia de Banderas coast. It’s a wonderfully diverse resort town, with some of the most popular beaches, along with some of the most exclusive vacation destinations bejeweled with first class hotels and world class golf courses. Fun, informal and experimental cuisine are among the options in Nuevo Vallarta.
- Visitors to Nuevo Vallarta & Flamingos will find wonderful casual Mexican dining with fun for the whole family or groups of friends at El Barracuda. The unassuming wooden eatery is located next to a marina directly in front of the Villa Varadero and Sea Garden. With a menu that leans heavily on fresh sea fare, the intimate bistro promises to leave diners fully satiated after feasting on delectable tacos, inspired ceviches, aguachiles, tostadas and more, all perfectly paired with specialty cocktails, draft beers and fine wines.
- The talents of Angel Carbajal and Niikura Masayuki combine to create the amazing Nick-San Restaurant, at Marival Residences & World Spa. The Mexican-Japanese fusion signature dishes are a mix of the sophisticated and fun, combining tastes from both countries along with other surprising influences.
- A further testament to Riviera Nayarit’s position as a culinary powerhouse in Mexico, the destination counts famed celebrity chef, Betty Vázquez, as an official culinary ambassador. A judge on the Mexican edition of Master Chef, Vázquez boasts a robust career spanning nearly four decades where she has championed the regions inimitable gastronomy. Vázquez is also the driving force behind San Blas’ El Delfin, one of Riviera Nayarit and the country’s, leading restaurants specializing in authentic Nayarit fare coupled with distinct colonial flavors.
From romantic and sophisticated dining for an elegant night out, to informal family friendly taco stands with something everyone can enjoy, Riviera Nayarit is the perfect vacation for gourmands at any budget. With its variety of hotels, golfing options, beach activities and more, and timed with August’s Masters of the Kitchen Culinary Fest or any of the year-round food festivals and celebrity chef gatherings, it is the perfect culinary vacation destination.
About Riviera Nayarit
Renowned for its eclectic charm, luxurious hospitality and authentic appeal, Riviera Nayarit has earned global recognition as the Pacific Coast’s treasure destination. Situated within Mexican state Nayarit, the region offers 192 miles of pristine Pacific coastline, the wondrous Sierra Madre Mountains, the spectacular Banderas Bay and endless protected natural marvels. Riviera Nayarit is home to resort town Nuevo Vallarta, historic village San Blas, exclusive celebrity haven Punta de Mita, “boho-chic” surf mecca Sayulita and a variety of picturesque fishing villages. Activities abound from world-class golf courses, zip lining, diving and surfing to bird watching, whale watching and turtle release programs. Accommodations range from luxury branded resort destinations and family friendly all-inclusives to intimate boutique properties and everything in between. A further testament to the destination’s hospitality offerings, Riviera Nayarit boasts four AAA Five Diamond hotels, 11 AAA Four Diamond hotels and 13 AAA Three Diamond hotels. Rounding out the destination’s allure, superior quality international gastronomy awaits including a AAA Five Diamond restaurant, six AAA Four Diamond restaurants and 26 AAA Three Diamond restaurants. Riviera Nayarit is conveniently 10 minutes north of Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR). To discover the Pacific Coast’s treasure destination, visit www.RivieraNayarit.com or follow Riviera Nayarit on Facebook, Twitter @riv_nayarit and Instagram @riviera_nayarit.