For some, the Riviera Nayarit is not that well known, while others might not even know where it’s located! To help clear things up, here’s some basic details everyone should know about this incredible, youthful Riviera.
- You can fly into the Riviera Nayarit via the Puerto Vallarta International Airport, but you can also arrive via the Tepic International Airport.
- The Riviera Nayarit is made up of 23 micro destinations, each one with its own personality, identity and traditions.
- It has six better-known “anchor” micro destinations, including Nuevo Vallarta, located in the state of Nayarit and only 10 minutes away from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport; La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Punta Mita, Sayulita, San Francisco and San Blas.
- The Marietas Islands are in the State of Nayarit and they are a Protected Area categorized as a National Park since 2005 and declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in 2008.
- Isabel Island is also a National Park and Protected Natural Area managed by the Universidad Autónoma de México and the National Institute of Ecology.
- The Island of Mexcaltitán is known as the Birthplace of Mexican Heritage.
- The Bay of Banderas is the largest in the world, and is shared by Puerto Vallarta in the state of Jalisco, as well as the coastline of the entire Riviera Nayarit, which extends through the municipalities of Bahía de Banderas, Compostela, San Blas, Santiago and Tecuala.
- The area of San Blas boasts the largest diversity of birds in the country, some endemic and others migratory.
- The only green surrounded by the ocean in the entire world can be found at the Punta Mita Pacífico Golf Club.
- The destination is a favorite of domestic and international celebrities.
- It’s one of the few destinations in Mexico where the sailing is top-notch thanks to its amazing winds during between the months of March and June.
- Very distinguished guests come to visit during the wintertime, including the humpback whale and the whale shark.
- This destination holds the most events throughout the year, ranging culinary happenings to sports, music festivals, fishing and golf tournaments, and much more.
- There are also a great many activities to do in the destination, including scuba diving, fishing, golf, zip-lining, surfing, ATVs and many others.
This is just a taste of what you can do at the Riviera Nayarit—come, visit and discover for yourself why this destination is at the top of its game, no matter what you play.
Find us on the map at: http://www.rivieranayarit.com.mx/mapa_interactivo
# # #
Don’t forget to follow us on our social media accounts! If you enjoyed this newsletter, please share with your friends and colleagues. Thank you!